|This article centers around Wren Kingston, a TV character. For another version check out Wren Kim (Book Character).|
|“||None of us are perfect - we all come with baggage.||”|
|Dating Alex Drake (at time of death)|
| Mr. Oxford (by Spencer) |
Downtown Grabby (by Spencer)
"Dr" Kingston (by Melissa)
| Grace DiLaurentis-Fields (Daughter) |
Lily DiLaurentis-Fields (Daughter)
| Melissa Hastings (Ex-Fiancée)|
Spencer Hastings (Kissed & Flirtation)
Hanna Marin (Kissed)
Alex Drake (Girlfriend; killer)
| Spencer Hastings |
|Toby Cavanaugh (for Spencer)|
| Mona Vanderwaal |
| -Kissed his ex-fiancée's sister (exposed)|
- Abused his position
- Gave Melissa un-prescribed medication
-Has a father who was in a mental institution (exposed to Hanna)
- Kissed Hanna
- Authorized visitor's pass for "CeCe Drake" to visit Mona (exposed)
- Made Ashley Marin get disbarred
- Was dating and living with Melissa again (exposed)
- Smokes cigarettes (exposed to Spencer)
- Is Alison's sperm donor
- Was aware of Alex's existence and was the one who introduced her to Charlotte and Spencer
- Shot Alex Drake so she could have the same scar as Spencer (exposed to Spencer)
|'Til Death Do Us Part|
|'Til Death Do Us Part|
Dr. Wren Kingston was a doctor at Rosewood Community Hospital and a volunteer at Radley Sanitarium. He was once engaged to Melissa Hastings and kissed Spencer Hastings, and later Hanna Marin. Wren often tended to appear in Spencer's hour of need, and briefly Hanna's. He moved to London after leaving Rosewood in Season 4. Wren is later revealed as the biological father of Emily's and Alison's twin daughters. Eventually, his girlfriend, Alex, killed him.
He is portrayed by Julian Morris.
Wren Kingston is an English doctor - a very handsome and charming one. Before becoming a doctor, he studied at Oxford. At the start of the series, Wren is engaged to Melissa Hastings, until she broke off the engagement after seeing him and Spencer kissing outside of the house. Before they kissed, there was already flirting and chemistry between Wren and Spencer.
In Season 2, Wren moves back to his apartment and works at Rosewood Community Hospital. He is seen at work when Emily and Toby are in the hospital. Wren is always around when someone needs help, especially Spencer. When she breaks up with Toby, Wren is the first to see her. He says he is desperate to kiss her and, even though Spencer says she has a boyfriend and that it's not a good idea, she kisses him back. He also helps Melissa by supplying drugs for Ian, after he is seriously hurt after the bell tower incident.
In Season 3, When Hanna finds out that Mona can stay in Radley and won't be transferred to another facility, she is so happy that she kisses him. Wren is also a volunteer at Radley Sanitarium. Wren thinks Hanna did it out of a love interest of himself and flirts back when he finds out it was only out of on the spot emotions he is disappointed.
During his time in London he and Melissa broke up, and one night, Wren went to a bar where he ran into Spencer's twin sister Alex Drake. He mistook her for Spencer at first, and was shocked to learn that she is her twin. Wren told Alex everything her about Spencer, Charlotte, and Mary Drake. He then helped arrange for Charlotte to and Alex to meet, and later befriended Charlotte and Archer. The foursome did pretty much everything together. However, after Charlotte's death, Alex took over the game to avenge her sister and get Charlotte's money, which Charlotte had left to her. She then roped Wren into helping her with her tasks as Uber A. He willing donated his sperm so Alex (who was helping Archer) could impregnate Ali and create life, along with other unnamed tasks. He even shot Alex so that she could have the same scar as Spencer. After the game ended Alex returned to London, but Wren still saw her as Alex Drake and not Spencer. This angered Alex and she killed him, before turning his ashes into a diamond necklace that she wears all the time.
Season 1 (4/22)
Season 2 (7/25)
Season 3 (8/24)
Season 4 (1/24)
Season 7 (2/20)
- Wren is portrayed by British actor Julian Morris.
- Interestingly, Wren moves to England in Season 4.
- Wren and Ian Thomas are both similar: they both originally were in a relationship with Melissa but cheated on her with Spencer at separate times from one another. They also both are attracted to younger High School girls even though they both are graduated from High School and Wren has already graduated from medical school, which takes multiple years to complete. Ian was attracted to both Spencer and Alison DiLaurentis while Wren was attracted to Spencer and to Hanna. As far as we know, Ian and Wren shared no further connection.
- Wren has had feelings for 2 out of the 4 liars, Spencer and Hanna.
- In "The Blond Leading the Blind" Wren introduces himself as "Dr. Kingston." The character in the book is half Korean. Since Julian Morris is not, Kingston is a more appropriate last name.
- Up until "'Til DeAth Do Us PArt", Wren had never appeared in a season finale.
- Wren was the anonymous tip in "The Mirror Has Three Faces" that made Ashley lose her lawyer (Veronica Hastings).
- He apparently moved in with Melissa London for unknown reasons.
- In "The Mirror Has Three Faces" he is seen by the viewers using a red pencil to color in a drawing of a women in a coat, which implies he may know about A and Redcoat.
- Julian Morris starred in the horror film remake Sorority Row and Rumer Willis who played Zoe also starred in the movie.
- He and Melissa broke up during the five-year time jump, which around the time met and fell in love with Alex Drake
- In an interview, I. Marlene King revealed that she intended to film Wren's death scene, but there wasn't enough time to bring it to life.
- She described it as Alex hitting him with a pipe and then a ladder would've fallen and crushed his windpipe.
- In the books, Wren's last name is Kim. In the show, it's Kingston.
- The book character is half Korean. In the show, we can assume both his parents are British.
- In the books, Wren sleeps with Melissa after breaking up with her for Spencer. In the show, this never happened, but after the break-up, he does keep in touch with Melissa several times.
- Wren and Spencer have sex at Wren's apartment in Philly in the book, but they only kiss in the show.
- Spencer and Wren never dated in the show but they did briefly date in secret in the books.
- In the TV series, he gets back together with Melissa, and later Alex Drake, Spencer's twin. In Vicious he ends up with Spencer.
Wren: One does not come unfortified to the house of Hastings.
Spencer [to a drunk Wren]: How about some coffee?
Wren: I've been drinking scotch, I'd rather not mix my beverages.
Wren: Let me take you to school. We could drop by for some coffee.
Spencer: Wren, I have a boyfriend now.
Wren: Fine. How about tea?
Wren: Maybe you talked yourself out of the carpenter too soon. None of us are perfect, Spencer.
Spencer: Yeah, well, the carpenter has a name, and he would need a forklift to maneuver through my tonnage of emotional debris.
Wren: You know, I'm actually ...certified to operate one of those.
Spencer: No, I can't imagine you operating any sort of heavy machinery.
Wren: Yeah, me neither. I made that up. But I did get you to smile.
Wren: None of us are perfect, we all come with baggage
Spencer [to Wren]: I used you to get at Mona. I'm sorry.
Wren: You shouldn't be, I deserve to be used
Wren[to Mona]: I don't think you got rid of anybody, that's my response.
Wren: Well, just goes to show you can't trust anyone.