|“||This feels like the end of something.||”|
|'Til Death Do Us Part|
|Season 7, Episode 20|
|Air date||June 27, 2017|
|Written by|| I. Marlene King & Kyle Bown (story) |
I. Marlene King & Maya Goldsmith (teleplay)
|Directed by||I. Marlene King|
Farewell, My Lovely
A-List Wrap Party (Tell-All)
Seven seasons of secrets come tumbling out in the two hour series finale as the ultimate endgame comes to light.
- There is a one year time jump since the events of the last episode.
- Alex Drake (Spencer's twin) is revealed to be A.D.
- Wren met Alex in a bar and told her everything about the Hastings family and they fell in love.
- Alex revealed that she murdered Wren by unknown methods during the time jump so that she could seduce Toby, and take Spencer's place in the group after kidnapping her.
- She also showed Spencer a diamond necklace made out of his ashes.
- Charlotte met Alex between EscApe From New York and Whirly Girlie, right after she got off the plane that she booked with a passport Alison had given her. This was also where Charlotte met Archer Dunhill.
- Alex revealed that she was the one who kissed Toby in The DArkest Knight and later had sex with him in Choose or Lose. Although not confirmed by Alex but rather by some writers of the show, Alex did have sex with Toby in the motel room this episode, and not Spencer.
- Alex kidnapped Spencer and Ezra and kept them in the house Toby had built.
- Emily and Alison have twin girls and Wren was revealed as the father of the twins by Alex to one of the girls. However, Emily and Alison are not made aware of the fact onscreen and probably do not know the truth as this is not later brought up. However, Marlene said in an interview that Spencer most likely found out someway from Alex and told Emily and Alison.
- Aria is told that she cannot not have babies, which makes her skeptical about marrying Ezra. However, Ezra accepts Aria for who she is, and they get married after Ezra and Spencer make their escape from Alex's prison.
- Hanna announces that she is pregnant to the Liars before Aria leaves for her honeymoon.
- In one of the final scenes, Mona is holding Mary Drake and Alex in a room, making tea and calling them her "dolls".
- The final scene was a full circle moment that paralleled Pilot's first scene, but involved Addison and her friends instead of the Liars. Addison goes missing at the end of the episode, paralleling Alison's situation in the Pilot, leaving her fate unknown.
Title and Background
- Troian Bellisario as Spencer Hastings/Alex Drake
- Ashley Benson as Hanna Rivers
- Lucy Hale as Aria Fitz
- Shay Mitchell as Emily Fields
- Janel Parrish as Mona Vanderwaal
- Sasha Pieterse as Alison DiLaurentis
- Tyler Blackburn as Caleb Rivers
- Ian Harding as Ezra Fitz
- Laura Leighton as Ashley Marin
- Andrea Parker as Mary Drake
- Chad Lowe as Byron Montgomery
- Holly Marie Combs as Ella Montgomery
- Mary Page Keller as Dianne Fitzgerald
- Torrey DeVitto as Melissa Hastings
- Keegan Allen as Toby Cavanaugh
- Lesley Fera as Veronica Hastings
- Brendan Robinson as Lucas Gottesman
- Julian Morris as Wren Kingston
- Vanessa Ray as Charlotte DiLaurentis
- Huw Collins as Archer Dunhill
- Jim Titus as Barry Maple
- Sydney Sweeney as Willa
- Ava Allan as Addison Derringer
- Tammin Sursok as Jenna Marshall
- Nia Peeples as Pam Fields
- Celesse Rivera as Hadley St. Germain
- Raquel McPeek as Claire
- Dalton Cyr as Luke
- Marlene King as Wedding Photographer
- Emerson King as Emerson (student in Alison's class)
- Atticus King as Boy in Mona's doll shop
- Shari Rosenthal as Boy's mother
- Ana Markova as Ava
- The table read for this episode occurred on October 5th, 2016.
- Filming began on October 5th, 2016 and wrapped on October 26th, 2016.
- This is the only season finale which was not entirely scripted by Marlene King herself. This episode serves as the final episode of the show to be written by Marlene, Maya Goldsmith and Kyle Bown.
- As the second half of the seventh season was pushed back to April, this was the only season finale to air in the summer instead of the usual March air dates that the previous six season finales had.
- The episode's official press release was made public on June 19th, 2017.
- On September 23rd, Marlene tweeted out several lines from the series finale script.
- The cast shot the last scene of the script on October 13th, 2016.
- Tammin Sursok's last day filming for the show was October 14th, 2016.
- The writers have cameos.
- The final scene, paralleling the starting scene of the pilot, did not air and wasn't included in Australia's broadcast of the final episode on FOX8. It ended with Mona's final scene.
Behind the Scenes
Emily: Can it get any hotter?
Spencer: Oh, if it does, I'm shoving an ice pack down my panties.
Hanna: You know you can actually buy those.
Aria: Ice Panties?
Hanna: No, Aria, ice panty liners
Emily: I'm looking that up.
Spencer: Remember when we used to look up murder weapons indistinctive traits of psychopaths exhibiting signs of hyper-reality disorder?
Aria: And that rush we got when we thought we were close to finding out who A was.
Hanna: That tingly feeling you get when you know A was watching you.
Emily: What tingly feeling was that?
Aria: I just can't believe we never figured out who it was.
Alison: The other day, someone asked me how it felt to be living a normal life and I've never been more insulted.
Emily: Why do we miss A so much?
Spencer: Because without fear, there can be no courage.
Mona (To Wren disguised as A.D.): I never would have guessed it was you
Jenna (To Addison): I may not be able to see but I can smell a bitch from a mile away.
Jenna: (To Alison): And I thought you used to be the mean girl.
Spencer: (To Hanna): Hanna, do you know the Greek myth about the girl who tried to escape from hell? There's only one rule.You don't look back.
Ella (To the Bartender): Hi, can I have a giant glass of pinot grigio, please? Thanks. You can just leave that bottle right there too.
Ashley: It's that bad?
Ella: If I didn't love Aria so much I would strangle that woman with her own pearls.
Veronica: Peter's mother was pretentious like that. Ate a slice of pizza with a knife and fork.
Ashley: I eat pizza with a knife and fork.
Ella: Sometimes I wish we were still in the basement. At least then we had some peace and quiet.
Veronica: Oh, my God.You remember how we got out of there?
Ashley: You know, Pam didn't drink for a year after that.
Ashley (To Hanna): I know it's none of my business, but don't take for granted the people who love you the most just because they sometimes let you.
Alex: Wren, do you love me?
Wren: Till death do us part.
Alex (About Wren): I turned his ashes into an eternity stone. Because diamonds last forever.
Alison: This feels like the end of something.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Freeform: The Two-Hour Series Finale of Freeform’s Hit Original Series ‘Pretty Little Liars,’ Airs Tuesday, June 27, and Will Be Followed by a One-Hour Tell-All Special
- ↑ 'Til Death Do Us Part
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BMC69x5Dr2V/
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BMC69x5Dr2V/
- ↑ Update on the episode's table read
- ↑ Instagram: Update on filming
- ↑ Instagram: Update on the last day of shooting the episode
- ↑ https://twitter.com/imarleneking/status/779383387521814528
- ↑ https://twitter.com/imarleneking/status/779383910975180800
- ↑ https://twitter.com/imarleneking/status/779384933689151488
- ↑ https://twitter.com/imarleneking/status/779382358545866752
- ↑ https://twitter.com/imarleneking/status/779389504419266561
- ↑ https://twitter.com/prettyliarsclue/status/786789251107082240
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BLjGFZFjHKX/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Maya_Goldsmith/status/788946312083353600