|These Boots Were Made for Stalking|
|Season 7, Episode 12|
|Air date||April 25, 2017|
|Written by||Oliver Goldstick|
|Directed by||Ron Lagomarsino|
Hold Your Piece
Emily butts heads with teenager Addison, who appears to be a new version of high school Ali, and who may be connected to a familiar foe. Spencer confronts her mother about keeping family secrets. Aria confides in Holden about her relationship with Ezra, while Spencer turns to Detective Furey for help. And Jenna stirs up even more trouble when she returns to Rosewood with some insight into Noel Kahn and recent events.
- On August 8th, 2016, it was reported that Ava Allan is joining the cast as Addison Derringer: a pretty little bully who’s attractive, entitled, manipulative and intimidating, and every insecure high school girl’s worst nightmare, similar to Alison's personality in high school.
Title and Background
- The title was revealed by I. Marlene King on Twitter. Later, it was renamed to "These Boots Were Made for Stalking" as seen on the press release.
- The title could reference the book "These Boots Are Made For Stalking" by Lisi Harrison. The book summary says, "Now that the Pretty Committee is no longer boycotting boys, the eighth-grade friends cannot decide who has a crush on whom, putting the Clique in jeopardy again."
- It could also be a play with words regarding the 1966 song, "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" by Nancy Sinatra.
- Troian Bellisario as Spencer Hastings
- Ashley Benson as Hanna Marin
- Lucy Hale as Aria Montgomery
- Shay Mitchell as Emily Fields
- Janel Parrish as Mona Vanderwaal
- Sasha Pieterse as Alison DiLaurentis
- Tyler Blackburn as Caleb Rivers
- Lesley Fera as Veronica Hastings
- Lindsey Shaw as Paige McCullers
- Nicholas Gonzalez as Marco Furey
- Shane Coffey as Holden Strauss
- Ava Allan as Addison Derringer
- Tammin Sursok as Jenna Marshall
- The table read for this episode occurred on July 15th, 2016.
- Filming for this episode began on July 20th, 2016 and wrapped on July 27th, 2016.
- This is Oliver Goldstick's first episode of Season 7, and the first since "We've All Got Baggage."
- The episode's official press release was made public on April 5th, 2017.
Behind the Scenes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Freeform: Pretty Little Liars - These Boots Were Made for Stalking (4/25)
- ↑ These Boots Are Made For Stalking
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Episode #712 characters list
- ↑ Drama keeps going. @prettylittleliars #jenna @bottleandheels
- ↑ Twitter: Update on the episode's table read
- ↑ Twitter: Bryan Holdman confirms last day of filming for the episode