|“||We're all scrambling like mice, like we're still in high school.||”|
|These Boots Were Made for Stalking|
|Season 7, Episode 12|
|Air Date||April 25, 2017|
|Written by||Oliver Goldstick|
|Directed by||Ron Lagomarsino|
Hold Your Piece
Emily butts heads with teenager Addison, who appears to be a new version of high school Ali, and who may be connected to a familiar foe. Spencer confronts her mother about keeping family secrets. Aria confides in Holden about her relationship with Ezra, while Spencer turns to Detective Furey for help. And Jenna stirs up even more trouble when she returns to Rosewood with some insight into Noel Kahn and recent events.
- Jenna claims that Charlotte left behind money for her eye surgery and Noel Kahn was after the money and threatened to kill Jenna and also murdered Sara.
Title and Background
- The title was revealed by I. Marlene King on Twitter. Later, it was renamed to "These Boots Were Made for Stalking" as seen on the press release.
- The title could reference the book "These Boots Are Made For Stalking" by Lisi Harrison. The book summary says, "Now that the Pretty Committee is no longer boycotting boys, the eighth-grade friends cannot decide who has a crush on whom, putting the Clique in jeopardy again."
- It could also be a play with words regarding the 1966 song, "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" by Nancy Sinatra.
- Troian Bellisario as Spencer Hastings
- Ashley Benson as Hanna Marin
- Lucy Hale as Aria Montgomery
- Shay Mitchell as Emily Fields
- Janel Parrish as Mona Vanderwaal
- Sasha Pieterse as Alison DiLaurentis
- Tyler Blackburn as Caleb Rivers
- Lesley Fera as Veronica Hastings
- Lindsey Shaw as Paige McCullers
- Nicholas Gonzalez as Marco Furey
- Shane Coffey as Holden Strauss
- Ava Allan as Addison Derringer
- Tammin Sursok as Jenna Marshall
- The table read for this episode occurred on July 15th, 2016.
- Filming for this episode began on July 20th, 2016 and wrapped on July 27th, 2016.
- This is Oliver Goldstick's first episode of Season 7, and the first since "We've All Got Baggage."
- This episode is the 20th and final episode of the show to be directed by Ron Lagomarsino.
- The episode's official press release was made public on April 5th, 2017.
- The intro in this episode features Emily doing the 'Shhh'.
- The episode was watched by 0.91 million viewers on its original broadcast, falling for the first time below 1 million viewers.
- "Hope (feat. Emily Coulston)" by Ben Phipps - (Caleb tries to convince Hanna to take a break for lunch, then Hanna reveals to him that the dress Katherine likes is one that Claudia helped her make)
- "Every Little Light" by Little Children - (Aria comes to work out her wedding menu while Holden works, she offers her help out though she's distracted by problems with Ezra which Holden helps her work through)
- "Another Lonely Heart" by Fialta - (Hanna and Emily discuss Spencer's text message over the phone when Jenna and her friends leave The Brew, Emily ends the call to spy on Jenna and spots Addison receiving a text just after Jenna sends one)
- "Youth In 21" by Chelsea Effect - (At The Radley, Mona shows off the loot she acquired for Hanna, when Jenna arrives in the lounge wearing the dress similar to the one Hanna's designed)
- "Snowflake" by Carl Broemel - (Holden explains to Aria why he followed her, then suggests that she give Ezra time to deal with the Nicole situation)