|“|| Spencer: Noel Kahn was there the whole time? He was helping Charlotte?|
Emily: We may not be able to prove that he tortured Hanna, but this proves that he tortured us, and he's gonna go to jail for that.
|The Wrath of Kahn|
|Season 7, Episode 9|
|Air date||August 23, 2016|
|Written by||Jonell Lennon|
|Directed by||Chad Lowe|
Exes and OMGs
The DArkest Knight
One of the PLLs goes rogue to prove that Noel Kahn is Uber A, while the others try to find evidence to back her theory and worry about her emotional state. Emily unexpectedly turns to Paige for comfort in her time of need, which causes tension in her other relationships. Jason and Aria team up to look into Mary’s past and what she might be hiding.
- In The Kahn's Cabin, Spencer and Emily find a flash drive full of videos from the time they were in A's Dollhouse. After watching one of the videos, they discover that Noel Kahn was helping Charlotte torture them. The flash drive is later stolen when someone breaks into Spencer's house.
- Emily tells Paige that a new A is stalking them.
- Aria and Jason discover that Steven Kahn, Noel's father, orchestrated the adoption of Mary's Second Child.
- Hanna witnesses Noel disposing Sara Harvey's broken phone. He later takes it back when Hanna fails to prove that he's A.D.
- Aria receives a text from Ezra stating that Nicole wasn't one of the rescued Colombian hostages.
- Fully convinced that he is Uber A, Hanna abducts Noel after attacking him at his cabin, at the end of the episode.
Title and Background
- It refers to Noel Kahn's anger towards Hanna.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the Star Trek movie Wrath of Khan.
- Troian Bellisario as Spencer Hastings
- Ashley Benson as Hanna Marin
- Lucy Hale as Aria Montgomery
- Shay Mitchell as Emily Fields
- Janel Parrish as Mona Vanderwaal (credited only)
- Sasha Pieterse as Alison DiLaurentis (credited only)
- Brant Daugherty as Noel Kahn
- Drew Van Acker as Jason DiLaurentis
- Lulu Brud as Sabrina
- Lindsey Shaw as Paige McCullers
- Nicholas Gonzalez as Marco Furey
- The table read for this episode occurred on June 2nd, 2016.
- Filming for this episode began on June 15th, 2016 and wrapped on June 22nd, 2016.
- This is the first penultimate episode to not be written or co-written by an executive producer of the show.
- The intro in this episode features Alison doing the 'Shhh'. Ironically, Alison is absent from the episode, making this the first episode of 7A from which Alison is absent.
- This is Jonell Lennon's last episode for the show. This is also the first season, since Season 1, that Jonell did not write an episode for a half season.
- The episode was watched live by 1.09 million viewers.
- With only four of the main cast credited during the opening credits making an appearance, this episode features the least number of main character appearances of all the episodes in the season so far.
- "In The Dark" by Carl Broemel - (Sabrina taste tests icing when Emily arrives at The Brew; Emily warns Sabrina away from Noel when she finds out Noel is the client Sabrina will be baking for)
- "Sex and Candy (Marcy Playground Cover)" by Unions - (Flashback) Jason brings Aria coffee in bed, then asks if she'll come to Ethiopia with him during his charity mission; Aria is noticeably shaken, after flashing back to her and Jason's past romance)
- "Each Man" by Greg D'Allessandro - (Hanna ignores a call from Aria as she waits at the counter of a bar when Noel arrives at the dinner; Hanna spikes a pint of beer then heads over to Noel)
- "Leaving" by Coast - (Hanna sits down at Noel's table, hands him the drug laced beer, then announces that she's the one he's there to meet and that she knows he killed Sara)
- "Rock and Roll Rave" by The Preatures - (After Noel claims that Sara died from a fall in her shower, Hanna questions why he needed to throw her phone in the garbage, far away from The Radley)
- "Don’t Let Me Go" by Bandit Heart - (Spencer apologizes to Marco for the false alarm; Emily calls Paige and asks her to come over; Paige watches Sabrina at The Brew; Ezra texts Aria that he's coming home and that Nicole wasn't found)