|“||Ali wasn't crazy when she went into Welby but he's making sure she is now.||”|
|The Talented Mr. Rollins|
|Season 7, Episode 3|
|Air date||July 5, 2016|
|Written by||Jonell Lennon|
|Directed by||Zetna Fuentes|
Hit and Run, Run, Run
Still reeling from the trauma of Hanna's abduction and dark fate, the Liars must shift their focus to another one of their own. In order to protect Alison from Uber A's threats, the PLLs snap into action at a chance to rescue her from the hospital. However, in doing so, they make a deadly mistake that changes everything.
- Yvonne reveals to Spencer that she and Toby are now engaged.
- Toby discovers 'Elliott Rollins' is an alias, as he discovers that he received a moving violation in 1958; making him far too old.
- Emily gives Aria the keys to the DiLaurentis House, where she finds blue eye contacts, ingredients to make latex, a bunch of tools, and drugs that he had given to Alison. The first two were used to make the Wilden mask.
- Aria and Hanna visit an Amish community, where they meet Eliza, who was given dolls of The Liars from Charlotte. She also tells them about Elliott and Charlotte's affair.
- The Liars, more specifically Hanna, unintentionally hit Elliott Rollins with their car, killing him instantly.
- Additionally in this episode, there's a cameo of Sara Shepard's new book, “The Amateurs”.
Title and Background
- The name of the episode is in reference to the book The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith and the 1999 American psychological thriller of the same name starring: Matt Damon, Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow and Cate Blanchett.
- It refers to Elliott Rollins' doings: disguising himself as Wilden, working with Mary and drugging Alison.
- Troian Bellisario as Spencer Hastings
- Ashley Benson as Hanna Marin
- Lucy Hale as Aria Montgomery
- Shay Mitchell as Emily Fields
- Janel Parrish as Mona Vanderwaal (credited only)
- Sasha Pieterse as Alison DiLaurentis
- Tyler Blackburn as Caleb Rivers
- Keegan Allen as Toby Cavanaugh
- Huw Collins as Elliott Rollins
- Lulu Brud as Sabrina
- Kara Royster as Yvonne Phillips
- Troy Vincent as Dr. Freedman
- Macy Peele as Eliza
- David Westberg as Elder Jacob
- Amelia Harris as Rachel
- The table read for this episode occurred on April 25th, 2016.
- Filming for this episode began on April 27th, 2016, and wrapped on May 5th, 2016.
- The intro in this episode features Spencer doing the 'Shhh'.
- The meds Elliott had hidden away were Butabarbital, Dihydromorphalin, Benzodiazephine, Phenatora, and Antihisamine (Night Time formula) for Allergy Relief.
- The Latex Recipe for the Wilden Mask Elliott wore in the season six finale is as follows:
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup Tapioca flour
- 1 packet plain gelatin mix
- 1 teaspoon solid coconut oil
- "New Ways" by Daughter - (Hanna dresses when Aria catches sight of the marks on her back, she questions her but Hanna avoid the questions as heads out to the living room to meet with the other girls)
- "Secrets" by Laney Jones - (As they wait in line at The Brew, Emily announces to Hanna and Aria that Ashley offered a job; Aria offers her ear to Hanna; Emily thanks Sabrina for help then asks her out, Sabrina turns her down)
- "Fingers Crossed" by Billie Eilish - (Spencer arrives and informs Caleb that Toby and Yvonne are engaged, then comments on rift that grown between them since Hanna disappeared; Caleb admits to Spencer that he and Hanna kissed)
- "Cherry Life" by Polyenso - (Emily bar-tends at The Radley, she tries to call Toby then spots Sabrina seating in the lounge)
- "Drift (feat. nilu)" by Robot Koch - (Emily brings over Sabrina's drink to her table, then tries to explain their previous conversation and why she took Ezra's key when Sabrina's date arrives)
- "Buddy Boy" by Fort Lean - (Sabrina orders another drink from Emily then confesses that her lunch date was her ex-girlfriend and that she hasn't stopped thinking about since her confession then asks for a clean slate and a date)
- "What You Want To" by Jake Etheridge - (Toby makes a toast to Yvonne at their engagement party when Emily arrive; Emily pleads with Toby to look into Elliott and his connection to Mary then gives him Mary's file)