Got a secret
Can you keep it?
Swear this one you'll save
Better lock it, in your pocket
Taking this one to the grave
If I show you then I know you won't tell what I said
Cause two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.
Pretty Little Liars Connection
- A lot of fans identified "Secret" as the most appropriate theme song for The Pretty Little Liars series before the show even aired. They found it fitting that one of the secret-keepers in the song is named Alison. As well, one of the two secret-keepers is dead and taking a secret with her to the grave.
- After Ashley Benson, a fan of The Pierces, heard the song and pitched it to the producers and creator of Pretty Little Liars, they eventually went ahead and made it the show's theme song.
- The lyric "two can keep a secret if one of them is dead" was said by Alison except she added in "only" between can and keep in the Season 2 episode, Over My Dead Body. It means that if people are keeping a secret among themselves, one person can guarantee that the secret gets kept by killing the others, something A has done or attempted to do on multiple occasions toward the liars and many other characters. Very many of the killings happens in the night though no one knows why. Some people say it's because of the souls that mourn during the evening.
- The Pierces describe their music, on ‘Thirteen Tales of Love & Revenge,’ as sounding like “a fever induced, gypsy dream while listening to a cabaret singer in a southern speakeasy that is run by witches.”
- The song was also featured in Gossip Girl, in the episode Hi, Society.
- The music video 
- One of the episodes is names after one line in the song: Taking This One to the Grave