— Seasonal Quote
|Season 4 | Number of Episodes: 24|
|Premiere Airdate||June 11, 2013|
|Finale Airdate||March 2014|
It will consist of 24 episodes and aired during the summer 2013. It briefly returned for the annual Halloween PLL Special episode in October 2013, and will resume new episodes in January 2014.
After the fire at the lodge Spencer and Toby is back together but A tries to split them apart when A torture Toby about his mother, so now Spencer is helping investigate his mom murder. Also now she is wondering if her besrt friend is alive, while finding out some news about her sister and also trying to deal with not getting into UPenn and trying to find another college to go to. She finds out a lot of clues to Ali, that include Tippi the bird a college and also a creepy lady name Carla Grunwald that she meet in Ravenswood.
Emily is having a hard time with knowing if Ali is alive or not. Due to a recent engery that A cause that mess up her shoulder she is not able to swim, when she take medicine out of her mother medicine cabnet, which cause an engery during a swim meet which put her out of action. It get worst when someone calls protective services on her parent to try to make them lose her but it did not happen. Later on after her mom gets suspended from work because Emily stole a key from her mom work to sneak into Wilden's place a car goes through her house which made her and her mother rent a motel until Jessica Dilaurents offers Emily Ali's old room. She takes her up on that offer but eventually leave and live with Spencer because it was just to creepy. In Ravenswood she almost get cut in half by a saw and had a window drob on her head looking for Ali.
Hanna is feeling the after effect of the fire, swearing that she saw Ali and thinking if she can trust Mona or not. After Spencer finds Hanna mom cell phone in Wilden's coffin, she start to worry about her mother and also start to get suspicous that her mother killed Wilden. Hanna moms comes home and its a bitter sweet homecoming since Hanna thinks her mom is a killer. She finds evidence like a pair of muddy high heels and also a gun in her mother bag. She meets Spencer and Emily at the college and tried to hide th gun and gets caught by the cops and arrested and could be charged a fine and seve up to 2 years of jail time. Her mom gets arrested and it go hill for Hanna. She miss her mom and sad that her mom is in jail. They get reunited but her mom have to be under house arrest until she is proven innocent,She tries to find proof that her mom is not wilden's killer when she meets a guy name Travis, who tell Hanna he saw her mother leave before Wilden was shot. Travis confess and Hanna mom was release from jail. Soon after she goes with the girls to Ravenswood to find Ali. She take a diary from A lair. Afterward they go to a strange house where she get lost and find a girl name Miranda and tells Caleb to stay and help Miranda find her uncle. She reunites with the girls when they see Ali.
Now broken up with her long term boyfriend Ezra, Aria need to find away to move on. After almost being runned down by A, she decide to take a karate class where she find a cute karate instructor name Jake, they build a crush for each other and go out a few times. After her mom was sting by bees, Aria had to convince her mom to go to Europe with her boyfriend Zach so she can be safe. She later helps Mike's friend Connor with his english homework, when he kiss her, she turned him down which then made him tell the whole school that she was sleeping with him. Now upset about that and A and also Ezra trying to help, she not very happy. When her brother gets blamed for damanging Conner car, she tries to defend him with the help of her dad and Ezra who got Mike free from suspence. Aria later thank Ezra and they get a bit closer. She invite Jake to a dance and he accept buying her some new boots. At the dance after dancing with Jake, she confront Ezra about Maggie and Molcolm but he ignores her and go home. She later go to his apartment where they talk and where CeCe is spying on them. She meets Ezra once more after a bad date with Jake wher they share a kiss. At Ravenswood Aria is made to go into a box which was a destraction to kidnapping Emily. She later fight CeCr=e and almost kills her. Later on Ezra meet the girls at Ravenswood when they get a flat and later she see Ali but then Ezra pops up.
Season Notes for 4A
These are spoilers for the entire season as a whole and may not actually occur during this episode.
- The girls may go back to the lodge to search for clues.
- The writers are planning on having Mike to have an appearance this season. He will return in episode 5.
- Zack will return. He returned in episode 3.
- Mona is now being targeted by A.
- Mrs. DiLaurentis moves back to Rosewood with an agenda, living in her old home, alone, and will become a part of the mystery.
- There will be some dissension between the girls as 3 of them (Mona, Hanna and Spencer) saw Ali and the other 2 (Aria and Emily) didn't.
- Hanna will be A's main target when the show returns for Season 4.
- The alliance between Jenna, Shana, and Melissa will be explored.
- Lucas, CeCe, and Wren are set to return in Season 4, and Jason will return also. Shana will return in episode 2.
- According to Bryan Holdman, Mona was kicked from the A-Team and will somewhat become part of the group in Season 4.
- Marlene King will pay homage to the Alfred Hitchcock film "The Birds" in season 4.
- It was confirmed by Oliver Goldstick that Paige will be important in the first four episodes.
- Oliver Goldstick stated in a TV Guide Interview about the possibility of Alison's twin: "We're not exploring that."
- We will find out who the Queen of Hearts is.
- Oliver Goldstick stated in an EW interview that "there’s a Toby-Alison flashback coming up, which is really cool, in the beginning of season four "
- Marlene King and Lucy Hale confirmed that there will be a season 5, after season 4.
- Gabe's partner, Linda Tanner, will appear in Rosewood.
- Sasha Pieterse (Ali) will have more screen time.
- We may see some old (deceased) characters, based on Maya Goldsmith's tweet.
- Ryan Merriman (Ian Thomas ) will possibly show up along with Brant , Brendan and Drew who have yet to appear in season 4 as Noel , Lucas and Jason .
- On April 30, 2013, Pretty Little Liars tweeted that Tyler Blackburn (Caleb) would head for Ravenswood.
- The girls and Mona go in A's mobile lair and go on the computer (Promo)
- Emily may get hit by a car (Promo)
- Red Coat may have set the girls up with the trunk and what's inside (Aria's quote in promo).
- Keegan Allen said in a PLL Alloyentertainment interview that there will be a Toby and Alison flashback. We also get to see Toby (pre-Jenna) when he was actually friends with Alison.
- Spoby will go back to the lodge to investigate.
- Toby still “has an axe to grind with the girls.” 
- Viewers will find out whether Alison is indeed dead or alive and what happened that night.
- Hanna and Caleb do not break up but they do part ways "a la Casablanca" 
- There will be dives into Toby's past and his relationship with his mother Marion.
- Toby and Caleb will team up.
- Ezra will serve as a mentor to the other girls as they navigate their college plans.
- "A" will target the liars' parents more.
- Mitchell hinted that "A" will have a major role in Emily's romantic life. 
- King expressed interest in doing an all-flashback episode on Pretty Little Liars 
- Emily is still convinced that Alison is dead.
- Jesse, the new new attractive guidance counselor at Rosewood High School, will be introduced.
- Emily moves into the DiLaurentis house after "A" drives a car through her living room.
Season Notes for 4B
Note: You need a reliable source for the spoilers below!
- It's Aria's "turn to really go through the ringer," in 4B. Source
- Sasha will be in many upcoming episodes. Source
- Mona will get a new love interest and who it is is shocking! Source
- There will be evidence that Ezra is A, revealed in Who's In The Box?. It will be used for several episodes as the girls unravel the mystery of Alison's "final" summer with them and who A is. Source
- Aria will unravel and come undone this season, but for a very good reason! Source
- Brenda, an academic overachiever, wants to help a scholastic pressured Spencer by giving her, her secret - but for a hefty price. Her secret? Let's say that Emily won't be the only one popping pills. Source
- Sasha said "Other than trying to find out where Ali's been and what she's been up to and who she's afraid of, 4B is also about finding out who the hell is in that box." Source
- Sasha also said "Almost all of it is dedicated to finding Alison and finding out who Board Shorts is. There are so many revelations in the second half of this season; it will blow your mind. The answers are right there in front of you and when all is revealed the fans will kick themselves for not thinking of it first." Source
- Oliver said "CeCe will be seen again since she has an connection to all of this and what happened that night — Garrett and Wilden and Jenna — CeCe has a connection to it all, so you will be seeing her. She might be a master puppeteer in some ways. She’s very good at puppetry." Source She is known to be in A is for Answers. Source
- On who Ali can't trust and on the season finale, Oliver said: "I think that there’s more to be revealed. I think that night itself, which we explore in 4B…the finale opens up that night, cracks it like an egg, and you’ll see a lot of things, so I don’t know if the audience really does. You will know soon enough." source
- Oliver: "Yes, you certainly will [meet other contenders for über-A ]. What would this show be without that? You definitely will, and you’re going to be shocked. It’s a good one. It’s a juicy one. I don’t think you’re going to see it coming, so it’s a really good one." source
- On the "twin theory": "It's pretty much put to rest. There's still some wonderful mythology in the later books we want to incorporate, but as far as the core mythology, we kind of told people a long time away we were going to deviate from that." source
- Oliver on The Black Widow "She will start popping up in places; keep her in mind going into 4B; she is where all of this is heading."Source
- We will find out how Alison and Ezra supposedly met.
- We should still wait for an Ezria happy ending.
- Paige will find out about Alison this half of the season.
|Image||Title||Original Airdate||No. in series||No. in season|
|'A' is for A-l-i-v-e||June 11, 2013||72||4.01|
|The girls turn to Mona for answers, now that she is also being targeted by "A." Plus, the contents of the trunk are revealed.|
|Turn of the Shoe||June 18, 2013||73||4.02|
|The presence of Mrs. DiLaurentis continues to unnerve all those around her. Toby shares a heartbreaking secret with Spencer. "A" nearly kills Mona.|
|Cat's Cradle||June 25, 2013||74||4.03|
|Hanna worries her mother is keeping a dangerous secret, which leads to an uncomfortable meeting with Detective Holbrook. Melissa returns to Rosewood.|
|Face Time||July 2, 2013||75||4.04|
|A new detective means new questions, and the Liars are asked some hard questions. Plus, Spencer lays a trap for Melissa.|
|Gamma Zeta Die!||July 9, 2013||76||4.05|
|Spencer and Emily visit a nearby college, but they have different agendas for their time on campus. Hanna is frantic after another horrifying discovery among her mom's things.|
|Under The Gun||July 16, 2013||77||4.06|
|Trying to protect her mom gets Hanna in trouble with the cops. Searching for the recipient of Ali's mysterious phone number leads Spencer and Toby to Ravenswood.|
|Crash and Burn, Girl!||July 23, 2013||78||4.07|
|Caleb and Toby team up to investigate "A" and what happened the night of the lodge fire. Ezra struggles with how he fits into Aria's life. Hanna tries to act normal.|
|The Guilty Girl's Handbook||July 30, 2013||79||4.08|
|Caleb tries to convince Hanna that Mona can't be trusted, causing Mona to prove her loyalty in the most unexpected way. Emily reconnects with her old boss Zoe.|
|Into the Deep||August 6, 2013||80||4.09|
|Paige throws Emily a surprise birthday party. Mona's selfless act provides Hanna and her mother with their first bit of good news. Ezra gets some distressing news.|
|The Mirror Has Three Faces||August 13, 2013||81||4.10|
|Mrs. DiLaurentis offers to let Emily move into Ali's old room. Trying to get involved in Jake's interests, Aria finds an opportunity to follow a lead.|
|Bring Down the Hoe||August 20, 2013||82||4.11|
|Ezra reaches out to Aria, just as she decides to move on with Jake. A Western-themed dance turns into a two-step with "A." And Hanna is stalked by a fellow student.|
|Now You See Me, Now You Don't||August 27, 2013||83||4.12|
|An intriguing riddle from "A" has the Liars hitting the road and heading to Ravenswood, where they make a shocking discovery.|
|Grave New World||October 22, 2013||84||4.13|
|The girls crash the Ravenswood Founders Day Celebration after a clue suggests Ali may be alive. Caleb meets a kindred soul.|
|Image||Title||Original Airdate||No. in series||No. in season|
|Who's In The Box?||January 7, 2014||85||4.14|
|As the Liars go looking for answers about Alison and try to make sense of their lives for the past year, a darker side of Ezra emerges.|
|Love ShAck, Baby||January 14, 2014||86||4.15|
|Ezra's dark side continues to haunt the Liars while they're in the middle of trying to get Alison to come back and fix things to normal.|
|Close Encounters||January 21, 2014||87||4.16|
|Bite Your Tongue||January 28, 2014||88||4.17|
|Hot for Teacher||February 4, 2014||89||4.18|
|Shadow Play||February 11, 2014||90||4.19|
|Free Fall||February 18, 2014||91||4.20|
|She's Come Undone||February 25, 2014||92||4.21|
|Cover For Me||March 4, 2014||93||4.22|
|Unbridled||March 11, 2014||94||4.23|
|A is for Answers||March 18, 2014||95||4.24|