|This article centers around the television series. For another version check out The Perfectionists (book).|
Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists is an upcoming spin-off to Pretty Little Liars, based on the Sara Shepard book series. It is being adapted by Marlene King. It was greenlit by Freeform on September 25, 2017. It was also revealed that Sasha Pieterse would reprise her role of Alison DiLaurentis, and Janel Parrish would reprise her role as Mona Vanderwaal in the upcoming spin-off.
"Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists" is set in the town of Beacon Heights where everything seems perfect, from their top-tier college to their overachieving residents. But nothing in Beacon Heights is as it appears to be. Ava, Caitlin, Mackenzie, Julie, and Parker are all driven to be perfect—no matter the cost. At first the girls think they have nothing in common, until they discover that they all hate the same person: handsome womanizer Nolan Hotchkiss, who's done things to hurt each of them. They come up with the perfect plan to murder Nolan—jokingly, of course. They'd never actually go through with it. But when Nolan turns up dead in the exact way they'd discussed, the girls suddenly become prime suspects in his murder. Only, they didn't do it. So who did? Unless they find the real killer, and soon, their perfect lives will come crashing down around them.
- Sasha Pieterse as Alison DiLaurentis
- Janel Parrish as Mona Vanderwaal
- TBA as Caitlin Martell-Lewis: The intelligent, motivated and easy-on-the-eyes daughter of two over-achieving mothers, one of whom is a United States senator, Caitlin is an expert at hiding secrets. She hopes to follow in her mother’s political footsteps — that is, if the weight of her own secrets doesn’t crush her first.
- TBA as Dylan Wright: A prodigious cellist who used his passion for music to escape his small-minded hometown, Dylan loves his music almost as much as he loves his boyfriend, Andrew. (And even that’s up for debate.)
- TBA as Andrew: Dylan’s “nerd-chic” boyfriend is deeply committed to his architectural studies, spending what little free time he has cooking and being with Dylan.
- TBA as Ava Jalali: A stylish trendsetter with a big personality, Ava hopes to have her own clothing line someday. But she has an edge over her fellow fashionistas: a brilliant technological mind, which she uses to blog and code. Just don’t ask her why her parents recently fled the country — it’s her one big secret.
- TBA as Nolan Hotchkiss: A natural born leader, Nolan is the heir to his family’s empire. Though he puts forth the image of a golden boy, Nolan is actually a manipulator who uses his friends and family to maintain his image. Not a big fan of authority figures or the word “no,” Nolan isn’t used to losing.
- TBA as Jeremy Beckett: A handsome Brit with more abs than you can count with just your fingers, Jeremy is also described as “charming and witty.” (Duh, he’s British!) What’s more, he’s also an intelligent scientist working for Hotchkiss Industries.
- Marlene King teased about a possible spinoff with links to Pretty Little Liars in June, saying "You know there might be some truth to that, but my hands are tied and I'm not allowed to talk about it just yet. So hopefully we will get to share some news soon!". It was soon revealed that it would be a complete merge of the universes of "Pretty Little Liars" and "The Perfectionists".
- According to King, filming for the show will most likely begin close to March.
- The show will likely premiere in late fall 2018 to 2019.
- The show will pick up a year or two after the events of the "Pretty Little Liars" finale.
- "Pretty Little Liars" may not have any connection to "The Perfectionists" as, according to Sasha Pieterse, her and Janel Parrish's characters are, "kinda just being put into it.
- Janel Parrish who plays Mona Vanderwaal knew about the spin-off for a year, and was the first cast member to find out about the spin-off.
- Only Caitlin Martell-Lewis, Ava Jalali and Nolan Hotchkiss remain as original characters from the books.
- ↑ http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/freeform-1202569987/
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/pretty-little-liars-series-finale-explained-marlene-king-interview-1017172
- ↑ https://mobile.twitter.com/imarleneking/status/913241640927617024
- ↑ http://www.9news.com/entertainment/entertainment-tonight/sasha-pieterse-spills-perfectionists-details-emison-the-twins-where-it-picks-up-postpll/480253728
- ↑ https://www.teenvogue.com/story/sasha-pieterse-the-perfectionists-pretty-little-liars-spinoff
- ↑ http://www.justjaredjr.com/2017/10/24/janel-parrish-has-known-about-the-perfectionists-for-a-year/
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2017/12/04/pretty-little-liars-spinoff-cast-the-perfectionists-full-list/