|Season 7, Episode 11|
|Air date||April 18, 2017|
|Written by||Allyson N. Nelson & Joseph Dougherty|
|Directed by||Chad Lowe|
The DArkest Knight
These Boots Were Made for Stalking
After hearing the news that Nicole is alive, Aria and Ezra have to deal with the fact that Nicole is back in Ezra’s life and what that means for them. Spencer, fresh from being shot presumably by A.D., must now deal with the repercussions of being told that Mary Drake is her biological mother. Alison must cope with the news of her pregnancy as Emily tries to stay by her side and guide her through the next steps. After spending a romantic night together, Hanna and Caleb will explore where they go from here.
Spencer focuses on learning more about her connection to Mary Drake, while Aria and Ezra figure out what their future may hold now that Nicole is back in the picture. Mona helps Hanna get her fashion career back on track, and Emily struggles to balance things between Ali and Paige now that the three of them are working at Rosewood High. Meanwhile, A.D. has a special delivery for the Liars, one that reveals the final endgame. The Liars realize this latest gift pushes things to a whole new level.
- This second part of the season is about a board game created by Uber A, which the Liars are forced to play for the final 10 episodes.
- Spencer is confirmed to have survived the shooting and to be the daughter of Mary Drake and Peter in this episode by Veronica herself.
- Spencer is the first Liar to play A.D.'s board game.
- Toby is confirmed to have survived the car crash and fully recovered, though Yvonne is in a coma and her survival is unclear.
- Jenna is now working directly with A.D.
Title and Background
- The title was revealed by Joseph Dougherty on Twitter, answering a question of a fan.
- The title comes from A.D's message that was delivered along with a big black box containing the board game.
- Troian Bellisario as Spencer Hastings
- Ashley Benson as Hanna Marin
- Lucy Hale as Aria Montgomery
- Shay Mitchell as Emily Fields
- Janel Parrish as Mona Vanderwaal
- Sasha Pieterse as Alison DiLaurentis
- Tyler Blackburn as Caleb Rivers
- Ian Harding as Ezra Fitz
- Keegan Allen as Toby Cavanaugh
- Lesley Fera as Veronica Hastings
- Lindsey Shaw as Paige McCullers
- Nicholas Gonzalez as Marco Furey
- Shane Coffey as Holden Strauss
- Emma Dumont as Katherine Daly
- Tammin Sursok as Jenna Marshall
- Cathy Ladman as May Horowitz
- The table read for this episode occurred on June 29th, 2016.
- Filming for this episode began on July 11th, 2016 and wrapped on July 19th, 2016.
- This is the first and only episode of the show to be written by Allyson Nelson, the long-time assistant to Joseph Dougherty, who co-wrote the episode with her, making this the 6th and final mid-season premiere to be written by him.
- This is also the last episode of the series to be directed by Chad Lowe, who has directed multiple episodes since the second season of the show.
- In a Facebook live broadcast on August 29th, 2016, it was officially announced that Season 7 is the last of the series.
- Unlike in previous years, this is the first (and only) mid-season to air in April.
- The lead sheet was released on February 17th, 2017.
- The episode's official press release was made public on March 17th, 2017.
- The intro in this episode features Hanna doing the 'Shhh'.
- The episode was watched by 1.33 million viewers on its original broadcast, with delayed viewing the numbers soars to 2.00 million viewers.
- "A Little Longer" by Armon Jay - (One week later) Toby informs Aria that Yvonne is in a medically-induced coma after the accident)
- "Come to Think (feat. Finneas)" by Gabrielle Current - (Ezra takes Aria's bag back inside when arrives home and finds her about to leave; Hanna wakes Caleb up suggest that they get on finding Jenna but he suggests that she get back to her fashion career)
- "Take Me There" by Phases - (At The Radley, Mona introduces Hanna to Senator Daly's daughter and fashionista, Katherine Daly; Hanna and Mona tells Kate about the fashion line and offers the ability to wear one of Hanna's designs)
- "I Got This" by Amy Stroup - (After viewing Hanna designs in person, Katherine agrees to wear one of Hanna's dresses, then reveals that Mona is touting herself as Hanna's boss as tells Hanna to have Mona contact her people)
- "White Noise" by Banta - (Hanna confronts Mona about Katherine interpreting Mona was her boss, which she denies tells Katherine, apologizes and immediately calls Katherine to correct the mistake)
Behind the Scenes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Freeform: Pretty Little Liars - Lead Sheet
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Freeform: Pretty Little Liars - Playtime (4/18)
- ↑ Pretty Little Liars Scoop: A Time Jump, a Musical Number… and a Reunion?
- ↑ Playtime
- ↑ Instagram: Update on the episode's table read
- ↑ Twitter: Update on the first day of shooting the episode
- ↑ Twitter: Joseph Dougherty confirms last day of filming for the episode
- ↑ ‘Pretty Little Liars’ To End With Season 7