|This article centers around Jenna Marshall, a TV character. For another version check out Jenna Cavanaugh (Book Character).|
|“||I see everything that I need to.||”|
(is either with Shana or Nigel)
| Jenna the Jerk, Slut (by Alison) |
Jenna Cavanaugh (by Caleb)
| Unnamed Mother|
Daniel Cavanaugh (step-father)
Toby Cavanaugh (stepbrother)
| Toby Cavanaugh (one-sided affair)|
Garrett Reynolds (ex-boyfriend)
Noel Kahn (ex-boyfriend)
Nate St. Germain (flirted)
| Shana |
|Shadow (seeing eye dog)|
| Laurel Tuchman |
Caleb Rivers (former)
| Alison DiLaurentis |
Mona Vanderwaal (for Noel's affection)
Spencer Hastings (for Toby's affections)
| Emily Fields |
| Ceramics |
| Rosewood High School |
School for the Blind (one year)
|Artistic; flute, Ceramics|
| Relationship with Step-Brother (Exposed) |
-Dated Garrett Reynolds (Exposed)
-Hired Caleb Rivers to spy on Hanna Marin (Exposed)
-The Jason Thing
- Was in Ali's bedroom with Garrett, Ian, and Melissa the night of Alison's murder (Exposed)
-Lied that the surgery in her right eye was unsuccessful (Exposed)
-Drove Emily for a short while during "That Night" (Exposed)
- Saw Lyndon James kill Maya
-Eye sight is getting worse (exposed to Shana)
- Meeting Shana and Melissa in secret (known as the "B"-team)
-She and Shana helped Wilden up after his accident (exposed to the girls and Mona)
-Going blind again. (revealed to the audience and Shana)
-Became friends with Wilden when she first moved to Rosewood (Exposed to Emily)
- Watched Spencer to see who she was meeting with (along with Shana; exposed)
-Saw Wilden set the fire (exposed)
Knocked out Toby [possibly thinking he was Wilden]
-Drove Shana out of Ravenswood
-Knows something about the night Alison DiLaurentis dissappeared
| Pilot |
The First Secret (chronologically)
|Into the Deep|
Jenna Marshall is the younger stepsister of Toby Cavanaugh. She was the victim of a prank orchestrated by Alison that resulted in her losing her sight, although she regained it after a seemingly successful surgery. It would later be revealed that the surgery did not work as planned and she is slowly losing her vision again. Jenna is a part of The Alliance with Shana and Melissa. She is portrayed by Tammin Sursok.
In October 2008, Jenna moved to Rosewood after her mother married Toby's father. She quickly became popular at Rosewood High School. Alison invited Jenna to join her group of friends, but she declined. This led to a long-term rivalry/hatred between the two of them. Jenna is a very sexual, aggressive, and manipulating person. She forced her step-brother Toby into a sexual relationship with her.
After being blinded by Alison and her friends, Jenna developed a hatred and grudge against all of the Liars; which still stands today. Jenna seems to have been involved with the N.A.T. Club before Alison went missing. She was not sorry for Alison's passing and has continued to spy on the Liars to keep them far from revealing her secrets.
In late Season 2, Jenna got an eye surgery and her vision returned from then on, and through Season 3. However, going into Season 4, the operation proved to only have temporary effects. She used to date popular jock Noel Kahn while her sight was back, and used him to regain her popularity in school.
While she was still blind, Jenna was made to believe that Garrett (who she dated) killed Alison. Throughout the entire series thus far, Jenna thought she knew how Alison was killed. However, what she thought she knew was incorrect.
She is currently in a coma recovering from a head wound she received from a mystery attacker.
Jenna walks in the Apple Rose Grille while the liars are there. When she sits down, they silently get up and leave.
Aria invites Jenna to sit with her and the others in the school cafeteria. It is an awkward lunch, as Jenna purposefully frightens the girls makes reference to the group's changed dynamic since Alison's death. Jenna tells them that Alison came to visit her while she was in the hospital. She says that everyone misunderstood Alison but that she knew exactly who Alison was. The girls are silent as they flashback to the fateful events of that night. At one point, Jenna breaks the silence by picking up Spencer's beeping phone, when she receives a text, with Spencer paranoid to receive a text from "A" with Jenna in such close proximity. Obviously, no one found out about "The Jenna Thing," but with Toby knowing, they could never be sure about when the secret was going to slip and if "A" would ever play that card.
When Spencer is out for a run she sees Jenna sitting on a bench. Jenna is using a phone for the blind and says "Send text now." She turns and looks at where Spencer is standing.
Jenna walks into school with Toby in tow.
Jenna is walking down the hallway while the girls are whispering to each other. She comments such as "Whisper, whisper, whisper. Almost feels like Alison's still here,"
Later when Emily comes to thank Toby for helping her with Ben, Jenna is present which is unknown to Emily. After Emily leaves Jenna questions Toby about the reason why Emily is thanking him but he tells her it isn't what she's thinking.
Jenna is seen by Hanna on her way to work at Dr Ackard's office. Jenna enters the elevator and puts on her lipstick. SHe asks Hanna if she likes the color. It is unknown if Jenna knew she was talking to Hanna.
After the homecoming dance, when Emily is home from being hospitalized, Jenna visits Emily with her seeing eye dog, Shadow. She comes under the guise of being sympathetic to Emily's plight, bringing cookies to bed-ridden Emily (which Emily does sample, despite Spencer's distrust towards them later). She knows that Toby's psychological profile is missing because the cops went looking for it, and knows that the Liars have the file, having overheard them talking about it at Homecoming. She wants Emily to return the file to her, so that she can protect her secret of having forced her step-brother into a sexual relationship. Emily is open to fulfilling Jenna's request, as she feels partially responsible for Jenna's accident, something Jenna does not fail to mention repeatedly. Emily tries to get the file back, but cannot contact the girls while her mother is around. Aria throws the file into the river. (It seems the file makes its way into "A's" hands anyway, when a figure is seen gingerly retrieving the pages from the water.) When Jenna asks for the file after Emily is back at Rosewood High, Emily vaguely tells her that the file is gone, and Jenna is put off, being put in the position where she is forced to trust Emily.
Although Jenna is resentful towards Alison and her memory, Jenna volunteers a speech at Alison's memorial dedication in Please, Do Talk About Me When I'm Gone. She shares only kind words, mentioning Alison's visit to her in the hospital, claiming that Alison made her stronger and more in touch with her identity. It is unknown if she did this because she wanted to throw off the Liars or because she meant it.
Emily, she is very jealous. Jenna tells Toby she turned him in to the police so he would come home and continue their relationship. Jenna also proves she can be slightly abusive and controlling, as she slaps Toby when he tells her he will "never touch her like that again.", and asks who he thinks he's talking to.
When Toby's house arrest bracelet is to be removed, she hails a taxi cab, so the two can ride there together. She is very upset when he declines her offer, choosing to go with Spencer in her car, rather than with her.
With Mr. Fitz as her guide, Jenna writes an essay to be submitted to an essay contest with vague references to the event that blinded her. The essay centers around a blind girl that senses more than seeing people do. It seems from the essay that the incident that blinded her was not an accident, although it leads Mr. Fitz to believe her brother is guilty, not the girls. Ezra is fascinated by the story and believes it has a winning chance. At the end of the episode, Aria confides to Mr. Fitz about who the real perpetrators were. Jenna makes references to Aria's romantic relationship with Mr. Fitz, scaring Aria, because it is unclear how she knows about the couple.
Hollis College, alongside Aria. Aria pretends to be Anita, so as to hide her identity from Jenna. It is interesting to note that when she was talking to Aria, thinking she is Anita, she shows a much sadder and more vulnerable side then she usually does. She has made a beautiful pottery piece, but is frustrated that she cannot see anything, not even the shadows it produces when lit. Aria tries to comfort her and praise her work, but when Jenna discovers that it was Aria, she goes ballistic, screaming at her to get out. Toby and Jenna's House in his car. It could go either way, considering Garrett's parents live across the street. However, Garrett heads for Jenna's place, and the girls follow to watch. Inside, Jenna removes her robe to reveal the black lace lingerie she was seen buying in an earlier episode. She removes her glasses, and the two start to kiss passionately. Garrett and Jenna do a lot of spying together in Garrett's sports car. There, they constantly refer to "The Jason Thing," an ill-defined incident that may or may not be linked to Alison's death. When Jason kisses Aria, Jenna expresses her fear that the two will hook up, and Jason will reveal his secret to Aria. The latest development is the possibility that Jenna will have a cornea replacement, which means that she may regain her vision at some point in the near future. Toby fills Spencer in on the details of the matter after she overhears Jenna discussing the possibility with a nurse, while all the girls are in Rosewood Community Hospital.
Outside on the porch, a sulky Ali jealously calls Jenna a slut. Back in the party, Emily is seen slow-dancing with Ben on the dance floor. Jenna is seductively dancing nearby, and Emily ogles appreciatively at her curves and moves. Alison turns her eyes from one to the other, approaches Emily, and alludes to her secret sexual orientation.
Jenna has yet to be seen during the second half of Season 2. She stayed home from school, but seems to have attended the swim meet after school.
She argues with Garrett over the phone and refuses to let him in the house. Garrett says it was a mistake for them to bring a third person in on their plan. Later, she leaves for her eye surgery in Boston without Garrett.
It is revealed that Jenna went to "Kristen August Rehabilitation Center For The Blind" after the Jenna Thing happened.Noel. They decide to go to Rive Gauche to cheer up. Jenna overhears this and in the evening, she is seen talking to Noel very intimately in Rive Gauche. Jason DiLaurentis and then sets it on fire, trapping Jenna inside with the intent to murder her. She is rescued by Hanna, who happened to be near the DiLaurentis household. She goes to the hospital and has to stay there under observation. This marks the first time in the series that Jenna seems to be frightened. She asks to see Aria, Spencer, Hanna, and Emily. While they're in her hospital room, she asks if it's true that Hanna pulled her out of the fire. When Hanna confirms this, Jenna asks her why she did it and she seems grateful to Hanna. Hanna doesn't answer her question, but simply responds "You're welcome."
Later in the episode, "A" is seen planting Garret's police badge at the scene of the fire, in order to implicate him in the attack on Jenna. Since Jenna is still in the hospital when this happens, she can be ruled out as the one behind the "A" scheme.
Later, Toby comes into her room questioning her as to why Garrett is watching their house. She says she doesn't know, and asks him to close the curtains. She pulls a slip of paper from a box on her night table, and gives it to him. Telling him that it was given to her by Garrett and was told to keep it safe. She lies, playing stupid, and claiming to not know what it is. Toby opens it revealing it to be the missing Page 5 of Alison DiLaurentis' autopsy report. They then go to the police station to give it to the police.
At the end, she is seen smacking a fly on her mirror and removes it's corpse, she turns back to her mirror with a sneaky smirk and continues to remove her makeup, revealing that she is indeed able to see. The surgery was successful after all, and for unknown reasons Jenna is lying to everyone and leading them to believe she is still 100% blind.
She is later seen at the masquerade party spying on Aria, and seen talking to Lucas and the Black Swan.
After Spencer tells Hanna to go back to Mona, Jenna walks past. They begin to discuss if Lucas, Jenna and The Black Swan are involved. and when Jenna bumps into someone, Aria comments on how Jenna seems blinder than she was last year. Later in the episode Jenna asks Aria to be her accompanist for a musical performance. She seems to be very careful in approaching Aria; quickly stating that she recognized her ringtone so she won't figure out that she can see.
When Emily is taking her English quiz, she sees a girl put her hair up the same way the driver had her hair "That Night". The next thing Emily remembered was seeing Jenna looking over smiling at someone next to her.Toby figures out that Jenna has been refilling her prescription for eye drops, even though her surgery didn't work. The girls decide set a trap to find out if Jenna can see; Spencer leaves the earring above the sink to see what Jenna's reaction would be. With two girls hiding and spying per stall, Jenna walks in and walks toward the sink. When she spots the earring she takes her glasses off and inspects it. The girls see that Jenna is not blind; as Jenna leaves the bathroom the girls argue over Jenna's sight. As soon as the door closes, Aria exclaims "Bitch can see!". But Spencer says, "We can use this information against her."
At the end of the episode all the Liars confront her. Jenna tells the girls she's been able to see from the first operation and didn't tell anyone. It was the "only protection I had." Jenna said she thought Emily was so messed up that night that she wouldn't remember seeing her. Her plan was to take her home but Emily freaked out and jumped out of the car around 12:00 or 12:30. Jenna wants them to keep her secret because "I'm still a target." She thinks they owe her.
Jenna comes out about her being able to see for unknown reasons. She appears at school without the shades or the cane, and everyone except the Liars start congratulating her. When Spencer asks her why she says she feels a lot safer when she's in charge of what happens to her. She throws a party for her birthday at the coffee house.
CeCe calls Jenna and warns her not to date Nate. CeCe tells her she'll scratch her eyes out if she sees her with him and that CeCe's his girlfriend, and then Emily exclaims that Jenna used to be blind.
Her and Noel appear at his brother, Eric's, party. While Aria and Spencer are they play a game of "Truth". Her and Spencer face off and it leads up to Jenna asking Spencer where the video's are. Spencer she can have all the videos she wants when she reveals where Ali's body is.
She is seen by Nate and Emily at the Brew talking to Noel. when Noel goes to practice, Nate approaches her and tells her he has a gift for her but never had the chance to give it to her because she ditched him. Jenna ignores this and attempts to leave but Nate won't let her go by. Nate decides to leave but in the background you can see Jenna sit back down
Hanna informs that Ted has the video, and now her moms deciding what to do with it. She tells her she and her friends didn't give it to them, and Jenna just says we'll see what happens. When Nate discovers she had been faking being blind for a while, he calls her out and tells her not to act like she doesn't see him. Later, she shows up at Emily's a little scared saying she needs to tell her something but seeing that she has company she just warns her to be very careful with who she spends time with and is seen getting into a cab and is possibly leaving town since the driver was putting luggage in the trunk.
Jenna is dressed up as a pirate. When Noel starts to choke, she shouts "do something". When Noel showed that it was a prank, she started laughing.
Jenna is mentioned by Spencer that she transferred schools.
Jenna meets with Shana in the park and they appear to be very friendly. She tells Shana that "they" will all be there Friday and she knows what she needs to do. Shana asks about her doctor's appointment and Jenna implies she may be losing her sight again, with Shana telling her that even in her darkest days, she'll be there for her.
While out for a run, Emily sees Melissa enter Jenna's house. Inside, Melissa and Jenna seem to be arguing with Jenna telling Melissa that "they have the tapes" and Melissa tells her that "those bitches will be at the lodge at 9." Melissa gives Shana a copy of the invitation.
The night of the "party" Toby sees a girl in the woods just before he gets knocked out from behind. Many fans believe the girl he sees is Jenna but it has not been confirmed.
We see the four liars and Mona driving back to Rosewood. They come upon Wilden's police car that Hanna and Aria previously pushed into a lake. The video recorder is playing the incident where Hanna's mom ran over Wilden, but this time they see that afterward, Jenna and Shana rushed over to his body and dragged him away.
In a later scene Jenna approaches Emily outside her house. Because of the way the scene is shot, we can see that Jenna is losing her vision again. We also see she has a burn on her hand; implying she was at the lodge the night of the fire. She tells Emily that she and Wilden were friends and that she has a message for Toby in case anything happens to her.
Everyone who saw Ali that night is waking up dead meaning Wilden saw Ali, which she said Garrett told her. Since Toby isn't taking Jenna's calls and she knows he and Emily are still friends, she asks Emily to tell him that she never meant to hurt him.Later, at Wilden's funeral we see that Jenna is wearing her glasses again and being escorted by Nigel Wright, indicating her vision continues to decline.
Spencer and Aria eavesdrop on a conversation Shana and Jenna are having. It's revealed Jenna believes Alison is still alive. Later, Jenna is seen with Shana at Emily's surprise birthday party. Spencer asks Jenna if she's losing her sight because she is wearing her sunglasses, but Jenna replies " I see everything I need to". Aria begs Jenna to tell her what she knows, but Jenna seems afraid. Later, Emily finds a body face down in the lake, and it is Jenna. Someone had hit her on the back of the head and she fell into the lake. She is unconscious, but is alive and is taken to a hospital. Spencer asks Shana who Jenna is so afraid of, and Shana replies "Cece Drake."
Season 4 (3/24)
Season 5 (TBA/25)
Jenna is obsessed with Toby, whom she had forced into a sexual relationship in the past. She seems to still love Toby, and whenever he is with Emily, Spencer, or any other girl, she gets a little jealous.
In Season 1, Jenna is seen with Garrett Reynolds, whom she is in a secret relationship with. In Save The Date, Spencer, Hanna, Emily, and Aria find out about their relationship when they see the two kiss in front of Jenna's open bedroom window after they were sitting in Spencer's car waiting for Emily.
Jenna now seems interested in Nate St. Germain, Maya's alleged cousin. She is seen flirting with him in That Girl is Poison, where when she first see's him she constantly stares at him while he does the same. Up until she talks to him about drawing and she invites him to her birthday party they talk and flirt. Nate says shes intriguing. In Crazy, Nate buys her a candle as a late birthday present and has a date with her. He asks Emily to get her something better than a candle for their date.
After Noel and Mona break up in Season 2, Jenna becomes close to Noel and it is implied that she is in fact dating him. They may have been together all summer, it is yet unclear. The girls are unsure as to why they broke up. They had been secretly spying on their relationship, making sure that Jenna didn't tell Mona that she kissed Noel twice during the period of Noel and Mona's relationship. They had been close, as if the two were keeping a secret, not just from Mona, but from the girls too. It appears it is about Ali's death. The girls are sure they overheard Jenna telling Noel that he couldn't tell anyone he played a big part in her death. Maybe Jenna was paying them. Telling Noel things, making sure they heard just to mess with their minds.
In A DAngerous GAme Jenna is on the phone talking with someone who is going to protect her. Later, Jenna meets Shana at the park and they hold hands as Jenna gives her instructions on what "she needs to do". Shana seems to be taking care of Jenna and watches over her. In A' is for A-l-i-v-e, Mona reveals that Jenna and Shana knew each other before she came to town and Shana might be in love with Jenna.
She is seen talking to Ian in The Badass Seed as if she knows, but is not friends with him, possibly from the N.A.T. Club. Ian doesn't seem to like or trust Jenna, but they do have ties. She is also seen in Alison's house with Garret and Ian through a film that Ian is making in Alison's room which later shows Melissa come through the door yelling 'Where is she?!' Implying that she is friends with all of the N.A.T. Club.
She is seen talking to Mona in the first Halloween special. After Jenna's very sexual display of her lady Gaga costume, and Ali coming up to Jenna and trying to be friends, which Jenna refuses, Mona comes up to tell her that her costume is better than Ali's. Jenna smilingly tells her that she better not tell Ali, to which Mona says "she doesn't scare me." This makes Jenna smile a rather evil smile. However, what ever friendship that was implied shattered later on when Mona begins to hate Jenna because she stole Noel Kahn from her.
She is seen talking to Melissa at the Masquerade ball in UnmAsked. In A DAngerous GAme Jenna is seen talking to Melissa and Shana at her house regarding some mysterious videos. For some reason, Mona states that she and Shana are afraid of Melissa.
- Jenna had sexually molested her step-brother Toby. Jenna is very sexually aggressive, as shown by her behavior at the Halloween party, and seems comfortable using sex as a way to control men.
- She is blinded by a supposed prank gone wrong set up by Alison with the help of the other Liars. Towards the end of Season 2 she got eye surgery that restored her vision on at least one eye. However, she still lets everybody believe that she still can't see, with the exception of a mystery-person she meets up with in a park in the season 2 finale.
- She paid Caleb to spy on Hanna in order to keep the secret of her having forced herself on her step brother Toby.
- She put a note in Jason DiLaurentis' pocket saying "I know what you did." The note was intended to make him think he killed his sister Ali, which she knows he did not. She did this to cover up for Garrett, her love interest at the time, because she thought he killed Alison.
- She was slapped by Hanna after Hanna finds out that Caleb was being paid by Jenna to get close to her and to spy on her.
- Before her blindness Jenna was shown as having the capability of giving Ali competition for the Queen Bee title, Ali gets intimidated and suggests that they team up instead, but Jenna refuses, saying that she prefers to pick her own friends.
- Jenna is shown to be able to play the flute well.
- Jenna uses a flashdrive in Someone to Watch Over Me. It is unclear how she can operate it without seeing, but it is mentioned that she has a special computer for the blind. In the same episode, Jenna uses Caleb's locker combination, 2-1-4, to leave something in his locker. How she opened his locker without seeing is a mystery, as the number markings aren't indented very well. Another combination with numbers far from zero might have given her even more trouble.
- Jenna thinks that Garrett Reynolds killed Ali.
- Jenna is losing her sight again. It might have gotten worse fast because of the fire.
- Jenna was thought to be bisexual, but due to her personality (ie. using others to get what she wants:"means to an end"), it is strongly believed she is just using Shana's crush on her to her advantage.
- By the Season 4 premiere: "A is for A-L-I-V-E", her vision has gotten much worse, as seen by needing someone to hold onto (like in "Pilot") and the return of her black sunglasses.
- She might have been the one that Toby saw or she's the one that hit him over the head in "A DAngerous GAme".
- In the Season 4 premiere, Emily notices a burn on Jenna's arm. The cause is unknown, but it might have something to do with being near the lodge fire.
- Season 4 is the first season to feature Jenna as a guest character.
Why Jenna Might Be "A"
There are many rumors that Jenna is "A" and she is one of the girls' main suspects. Supporting points include:
- Jenna has motive for hating the Liars considering they blinded her and Jenna believes they still are in possession of videos that would incriminate Jenna for molesting Toby and for being in Alison's room the night she went missing.
- For some time during late Season 2 and early Season 3, Jenna was pretending to still be blind after regaining her sight. She did not want anyone to know that she could see them.
- The Lipstick she used in Reality Bites Me, is the same color Alison used - Jungle Red.
- The message left by "A" on Spencer's mirror in Can You Hear Me Now? is also the same color.
- Jenna was seen sending a text in the last scene of The Jenna Thing.
- Alison visited Jenna in the hospital; they may have talked about more than what Jenna revealed to the Liars.
- It is suggested that Jenna was the one who hired Logan Reed, after Spencer anonymously texted Ian to bring her the bribe money.
- Jenna and Ian also knew each other, as seen when Ian hands Jenna a package and when he calls her.
- Jenna and Garrett were included in "The Jason Thing" - Jenna slipped Jason a note after Alison's disappearance saying "I Know What You Did" leading him to believe that he was responsible for Ali's Murder. This was revealed in Over My Dead Body.
- In The First Secret, Jenna and Mona possibly started a friendship. When Ali first meets Jenna in the costume shop, Jenna ominously replies, stating that she already knows who Alison is.
- In the episode Crash and Burn, Girl! possibly, her glasses were seen on the table when the flight attendent put her cup of coffee down.
Why Jenna may NOT be 'A'
Although Jenna has been a main suspect as 'A' for most of the series, recent events suggest she is innocent.
- She is far too obvious.
- Jenna has been shown to have major conflicts with both Toby (concerning their relationship) and Mona (Jenna stole Noel from her), who have both been revealed as members of The "A-Team". It does not make sense that she would work alongside them.
- Jenna was blind for most of the series thus far, making it extremely difficult for her to perform the tasks required by The "A-Team".
- The fact that Jenna's belief that Garrett killed Alison was incorrect, suggests that she doesn't know as much as she or the audience thought she knew.
- In Single Fright Female, Jenna seemed to be concerned for Emily's well-being, warning her that Nate should not be trusted. She then left town in fear. These are not typical characteristics of an "A".
- Jenna seems to be the target of someone as well, having been almost killed in an arson fire in late Season 2 after receiving a text to be in the DiLaurentis house. Assuming this was "A" who attempted the killing, it doesn't add up that Jenna would be on The "A-Team".
- In between the events of This Is A Dark Ride and She's Better Now, Jenna had transferred out of Rosewood High School. This action makes it difficult for Jenna to keep an eye on the Liars, which she would want to do if she was 'A'.
- In A dAngerous gAme, Jenna is shown receiving a text message from 'A' and quickly looking out her window in an attempt to see who it is.
- In Into The Deep Jenna has presumably been hit on the head and pushed into the lake by a possible 'A' team member.
- The Alliance claims to be protecting the Liars. If this is true then Jenna most likely is not 'A'.
Spencer (to Jenna):So when did you move back to Rosewood? Last we heard you were at a school in Philadelphia for the...visually impaired.
Jenna: It's okay, Spencer. You can say blind. It's not a dirty word.
Jenna [to the Liars]: We've all made mistakes. Remember, I'm still paying for yours.
Hanna: Jenna is at the top of our A-list.
Jenna [to Mr. Fitz]: I'm fascinated by the nature of evil.
Jenna: I don't need a special flashlight to know what people around here are hiding. This school is filled with phonies and liars. They're everywhere.
Jenna [to the Liars]: I've never been the one you really need to fear.
Jenna [speaking at Alison's memorial]: We think we know who we are, but we don't. Not until something bad happens to us, and then all the useless things fall away, and we're left with who we really are. I learned that from Alison DiLaurentis. My whole life, I thought I knew who she was, but I found out the truth when she came and talked to me at the hospital. I found out that she was the strongest person that I had ever met. And it's her strength that touched so many people, shaped them. That's her real legacy. That's how her memory will endure, in the actions of those she inspired in so many different ways. From all of us... thank you, Alison.
Jenna [to the Liars]:You can't tell anyone.. I'm still a target.
Jenna [to the girls]: You have to keep this a secret. You owe me, right? Right?
Jenna [to the Liars]:Whisper, Whisper, whisper, it is almost as if Alison is still here.
Jenna [to Hanna]:I never had a problem with my ears, Hanna. I guess we'll just have to see how it all turns out.
Jenna [to Emily]:It seems to me that everyone who saw Ali the night she went missing is waking up dead.
- In the books, her last name was Cavanaugh, in the show it's Marshall.
- In the show, it is Jenna who has an obsession with Toby and it is she who forced him into a sexual relationship. In the books, Jenna hates Toby because he forced her to have sex.
- She planned the Jenna Thing in the book with Ali whereas the show she was caught competely off guard by it.
- She was not rivals with Ali in the books.
- In the books Jenna and Mona were best friends, where in the show they have little interaction; as much as we know for now.
- In the books Jenna is murdered by Alison and thrown into a ditch where she was found. In season 4 Into the Deep she's almost killed at Emily's birthday party when she was out alone by the lake.
- She was close friends with "Ali" in the books, so much that Jenna is the only one that knew that Ali had a twin (aside from the DiLaurentis').
- Jenna's personality in the TV series is darker, whereas the books she is more compassionate and understanding.