|“||When the game ends, the game dies.||”|
|In the Eye Abides the Heart|
|Season 7, Episode 15|
|Air Date||May 23, 2017|
|Written by||Joseph Dougherty|
|Directed by||Troian Bellisario|
The Glove That Rocks the Cradle
After being blackmailed by A.D., one of the Liars begins to supply info to the dark side in order to protect those closest to her. Detective Furey questions how much the PLLs know about what happened to Archer Dunhill. Aria tries to issue an ultimatum to Ezra in regards to Nicole, while Emily struggles with how to support Ali. After learning something surprising about Lucas, Hanna sets out to prove her friend is innocent and uncovers even more troubling info. And another person is brought in on the secret of A.D.’s game.
- This episode marks Wren's first appearance since "The Mirror Has Three Faces".
- Wren shares his first scene back into the series with Ezra, per Julian Morris request since he's good friends with Ian Harding in real life. Ezra runs into Alex and Wren at the airport while waiting for his flight to go visit Nicole and her parents.
- Mona is brought in by Hanna on the secret of the board game. Hanna asks her to find a way to shut it down before her second turn.
- Aria is the driving force behind this episode and Lucy Hale got to take her character in a different direction from her usual romantic subplot. She takes A.D.'s offer to join them and do their biding after being blackmailed.
- Marco reveals to Spencer that someone used Archer's credit card to buy drinks at The Radley the night they met their for the first time and he is highly suspecting of her involvement in Archer's death. Unknown to Marco is the fact that it was indeed Spencer, who in a drunken state of mind, mistakenly paid for their drinks using Archer's card instead of her own.
- Hanna and Emily find a comic book written by Lucas and Charles in Lucas' Loft, which is later stolen by Aria on A.D.'s commands.
- A.D. gives Aria the infamous black hoodie after Aria successfully delivers the stolen comic.
- Paige and Emily break up after Paige finds out that Alison is pregnant with Emily's baby. Before leaving Rosewood, Paige urges Alison to confront her feelings for Emily.
- Ali decides to have the baby after much contemplation.
Title and Background
- The title was revealed by Joseph Dougherty on Twitter.
- The title is the name of the song Mona Vanderwaal sang back in "Kingdom of the Blind".
- Troian Bellisario as Spencer Hastings/Alex Drake
- Ashley Benson as Hanna Marin
- Lucy Hale as Aria Montgomery
- Shay Mitchell as Emily Fields
- Janel Parrish as Mona Vanderwaal
- Sasha Pieterse as Alison DiLaurentis
- Ian Harding as Ezra Fitz
- Julian Morris as Wren Kingston
- Lindsey Shaw as Paige McCullers
- Nicholas Gonzalez as Marco Furey
- The table read for this episode occurred on August 15th, 2016.
- Filming for this episode began on August 16th, 2016  and wrapped on August 24th, 2016.
- Troian Bellisario makes her debut as a director with this episode. She's the second actor of the main cast, after Chad Lowe, to direct an episode on the series.
- The episode's official press release was made public on May 9th, 2017.
- The intro in this episode features Aria doing the 'Shhh'.
- The episode was watched by 0.85 million viewers on its original broadcast, hitting a new series low.
- "Meadows" by Wild Child - (The Liars are sitting around at the Brew and are talking about how Lucas could have been working with Charlotte and they're going to check his apartment)
- "Black Out Days" by Phantogram - (Mona shows Hanna the real estate listing for their factory space and tells her how Lucas' company has put their workspace up for sale)
- "Wants What It Wants (Hushed)" by Andrew Belle - (Emily and Paige talk about Alison's baby; Paige suggests a next round of drinks)
- "Love Will Make Me Stay" by Butterfly Boucher - (After digesting news, Paige decides to leave Emily)
- "Breathe" by Fleurie - (Alison tells Emily that she's going to keep the baby only if Emily will help her take care of it; Emily promises to help; Spencer receives Mary's goodbye letter)