|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|“||We're always going to be a family. This is not the end for any of us.||”|
— Ashley Benson
Ashley Victoria Benson known simply as Ashley Benson (born December 18, 1989) is an American film and television actress, and model. She is known for her role as Abigail Deveraux in Days Of Our Lives (2004–2007), Carson in Bring It On: In It To Win It, and her role as Mia Torcoletti in Eastwick. She is also known for her role as Hanna Marin in Pretty Little Liars.
Life and Career
Ashley Benson was born and raised in Anaheim Hills, California. At age 3, she started dancing competitively in ballet, jazz, hip-hop, and lyrical. Ashley also enjoyed singing and had appeared in several choir groups and musicals.
At age 4, she was asked to audition to sing solo at four Christmas services for her 2,500 member church. At 5 years old, she modeled in dance catalogs, and at age 8 was pursued by The Ford Modeling Agency and worked steadily in print. She has also performed in NLT's music video "That Girl".
In 2001, Ashley started pursuing an acting career. She began working and appearing on a number of commercials but quickly made the transition into film and television. In 2002, she was in a Salon Surprise Barbie commercial. In 2004, Benson signed a three-year contract with the daytime television series, Days of our Lives, and on November 12, 2004, began her role as Abigail "Abby" Deveraux until May 2, 2007.
She played a witch disguised as a cheerleader in a 2008 episode of the CW series Supernatural. In films, she was one of the "Six Chicks" in 13 Going on 30, and appeared as Carson in an installment of the Bring It On series, Bring It On: In It to Win It. In 2008, she appeared in the Lifetime TV movie Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal, where she played head cheerleader Brooke of the Fab Five, which is based on a true story which took place at McKinney North High School in Texas.
In 2009, she was cast as Hanna Marin in ABC Family/Freeform show, Pretty Little Liars. She starred alongside Shay Mitchell (Emily Fields), Troian Bellisario (Spencer Hastings), Lucy Hale (Aria Montgomery), and Sasha Pieterse (Alison DiLaurentis). She portrayed the role of Hanna Marin from 2009 to 2017, when the show officially wrapped their final season.
|2004||13 Going on 30||Six Chick|
|2007||Bring It On: In It to Win It||Carson|
|2008||Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal||Brooke Tippit|
|2008||Bart Got a Room||Alice|
|2010||Christmas Cupid||Caitlin Quinn||ABC Family Original Movie|
|2011||The Hate List||Jessica Campbell||Main Role|
|2011||CollegeHumor Originals||Female 1||
Independent short film
|2016||Elvis & Nixon||Margaret|
|2002||Niki||Dancer||Episode "Working Girl"|
|The District||Melissa Howell||Episode: 'Explicit Activities'|
|The West Wing||Girl||Episode: 'Game On'|
|2004||Strong Medicine||April||Episode: 'Cape Cancer'|
|2004–2007||Days of our Lives||Abigail Deveraux||175 episodes, November 12, 2004-May 7, 2007|
|2005||7th Heaven||Margot||2 episodes|
|2006||The O.C||Riley||1 episode|
|2008 - present||Supernatural||Tracy Davis||1 episode - 4x07 "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester"|
|CSI: Miami||Amy Beck||1 episode|
|2009–2010||Eastwick||Mia Torcoletti||Regular role, 13 episodes, Series Cancelled|
|2010–2017||Pretty Little Liars||Hanna Marin||Main role, ABC Family (now Freeform) Original Series|
How I Met Your Mother
Barney's half-sister, 1 episode
- Both Ashley Benson and co-star Tyler Blackburn had appearances on Days of Our Lives.
- She is best friends with co-star Shay Mitchell. They have live streams together called "Buttah Benzo."
- She met her future costar Lucy Hale at the age of 15 through Myspace via mutual friends of theirs.
- She previously appeared on Days Of Our Lives where her uncle was played by Roark Critchlow who plays her father on this show. Though both appeared at different times. She also briefly appeared on an episode of Zoey 101 where Roark Critchlow appeared recurringly as the main character's father.
- Ashley was born two months early weighing 2 pounds 8 oz. She was in NICU for a month. Her parents were told she would need heart surgery on Christmas Day. Prayers were answered when her parents went in Christmas Day and were told by doctors that her heart had closed up. Ashley never needed any surgeries. She was released to go home at 4 1/2 pounds after being hospitalized two months.
- The theme song for Pretty Little Liars "Secret" by The Pierces was suggested by her. Since she's a fan of their music and told the producers and creator claiming, "It's so spooky and eerie and it's perfect for the show." So they took up the song on her suggestion.
- Her first acting job was in a Dominos Pizza commercial.
- She has done a photo shoot with Britney Spears for Vogue magazine.
- One of Ashley's funny experiences on getting recognized is when she was buying ice cream at McDonalds with her cousins when the lady at the counter asked her "You look really familiar. Are you Abby on Days Of Our Lives?" Then she made Ashley sign a McDonald's bag.
- She has an older sister Shaylene who is a year older.
- Ashley's favorite actors include Robin Williams, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Denzel Washington, Dustin Hoffman, Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman and Renee Zellwegger.
- Ashley appeared in Lil Romeo and Solange music video for their song 'True Love'.
- She is afraid of heights.
- Ashley loves Glee, and is friends with Glee actor Chord Overstreet.
- Ashley was in the music video for "Honestly" by Hot Chelle Rae. She was the over obsessive girlfriend of the lead singer for the video.
- Both Ashley and Lucy play the younger siblings of the character's Barney and Robin, who are engaged, making Lucy and Ashley's characters in-laws.
- She has a "hidden talent" that she learned from ages 11 to 12, that she can talk with her mouth closed.
- She wants to direct an episode of Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found