|“|| Mona: Sorry I'm late. What did I miss? |
Spencer: An invitation?
— The girls after Mona arrives at Ali's house
|Driving Miss Crazy|
|Season 7, Episode 17|
|Air date||June 6, 2017|
|Written by||Francesca Rollins & Oliver Goldstick|
|Directed by||Oliver Goldstick|
The Glove That Rocks the Cradle
Choose or Lose
With Mona making inroads in the game, Emily reluctantly teams up with her to investigate. Ashley returns to Rosewood to check on Hanna after learning some frightening information and asks Caleb what his intentions are with her daughter. Meanwhile, Spencer’s family reels from A.D.’s latest taunt, leaving Spencer more confused than ever about who to trust. Ezra notices Aria’s change in attitude and fears he may have lost her; and A.D.’s machinations cause Aria to have a terrifying nightmare.
- This episode marks Ashley's first appearance in Season 7.
- This episode contains the first musical number in the show: Aria dreams about Ezra being in prison with Mona singing 'Jailhouse Rock' as the pair prepare to get married in prison by Veronica.
- Caleb tells Ashley that he wants to marry Hanna and the two have an unofficial engagement in a tent in the woods, resembling their first time in "A Person of Interest".
- Spencer and Veronica learn from a recording planted by Aria (under A.D.'s threats) that Jessica and Peter were planning to kill Mary Drake together. Mary later tells Spencer that she knew of this and replanted the medication so Jessica would die instead.
- The Liars find out that the shovels they used to bury Archer are now missing. Later, Mona is shown to have stolen the shovels and built what appears to be a brand new lair with photos of Liar's Lament and a murder board.
Title and Background
- The title is a reference to the 1989 comedy-drama film, "Driving Miss Daisy", starring Morgan Freeman, Jessica Tandy and Patti LuPone.
- Troian Bellisario as Spencer Hastings
- Ashley Benson as Hanna Marin
- Lucy Hale as Aria Montgomery
- Shay Mitchell as Emily Fields
- Janel Parrish as Mona Vanderwaal
- Sasha Pieterse as Alison DiLaurentis (credited only)
- Tyler Blackburn as Caleb Rivers
- Ian Harding as Ezra Fitz
- Laura Leighton as Ashley Marin
- Andrea Parker as Mary Drake/Jessica DiLaurentis
- Nolan North as Peter Hastings
- Lesley Fera as Veronica Hastings
- Nicholas Gonzalez as Marco Furey
- Max Deacon as Dr. Handlin
- The table read for this episode occurred on September 1st, 2016.
- Filming for this episode began on September 12th, 2016 and wrapped on September 20th, 2016.
- This is both Oliver Goldstick & Francesca Rollins' last episode for the show.
- The episode's official press release was made public on May 17th, 2017.
- The intro in this episode features Emily doing the 'Shhh'.
- This is the 47th and final episode of the series in which Ali does not appear.
- The episode was watched by 0.97 million viewers on its original broadcast.
- "Mambo No. 1" by Andrew Oye - (Aria and Ezra take dance lessons for their wedding)
- "Silence Worth Breaking" by Brooke Annibale - (Detective Furey stops by Hanna's apartment to question her and Caleb about the flooding at the Radley Hotel)
- "Hold Your Ground" by Fleurie - (Caleb bumps into Ashley at The Radley and she also questions him about the flood)
- "Wish Something Would Happen" by Louis Schefano - (Caleb tries to reassure a panicking Hanna that no one will find out what they did, when Ezra brings them coffee and expresses regret over how the wedding plans are going; Aria says 'Hi' to Ezra then heads up to his apartment)
- "Light Me Up" by Ingrid Michaelson - (Ezra shows Aria his ideal song for their first dance; (repeats) In the woods, Hanna asks Caleb if he really meant the words he said to her mother, he then officially proposes to her and they kiss)
- "Jailhouse Rock (feat. Janel Parrish)" by Pretty Little Liars Cast - (Aria has a hunting, surreal, musical dream where she gets prepared to marry Ezra in prison with Veronica as their minister and Mona as his jailer)
- "Break" by ADLT VDEO - (Aria desperately searches for her "reward" from A.D. in The Brew)